Saturday 20 March 2021

#263 | TONKATSU RAMEN AT ICHIRAN RAMEN


OSAKA, JAPAN

Tonkatsu Ramen
Matcha Pudding

One of the most recommended places to have ramen is at Ichiran, and after trying it ourselves, I can confirm that the hype is true. The ramen here is the best I've ever had. We ate at Ichiran 3 times on our trip, each at different locations, and each time was as good as the last. The ordering and serving style, and the individual seating arrangement is also such a novelty. For some reason, seeing my food brought to me through a flap on my table was both fun and intriguing. I also didn't mind the seperate dining situation. You can lift up the table divider and still talk to each other. Heck, you can still talk to your dining companion(s) even with the divider in place. I also love how customisable the noodles are, from noodle chewiness, to the thickness of the broth, the spice levels and the desired toppings. Ichiran Ramen has a number of locations around Japan. We ate at their restaurants in Osaka and Tokyo and our bowl of noodles tasted amazing in both locations. 

Ichiran Ramen
1 Chome-4-16 Dotonbori
Chuo Ward
Osaka, 542-0071

No comments:

Post a Comment