Friday 13 April 2018

#138 | LA DAYS


LOS ANGELES, USA

I don't think many would agree with me when I say LA was kind of, not that fun. At least, not for us. We stayed in Hollywood, which I pictured to be a little more glamorous than reality, but because we decided not to drive at all in the US, it was a pretty good location for access to public transport. Our favourite spot was Santa Monica Beach which we explored by bike, and was so much fun. We tried In-N-Out Burger for the first time, and it was sooo good. It definitely was different to the ones from Shake Shack (which we had in New York). The most memorable difference was that In-N-Out doesn't leave too big of a "I really shouldn't have eaten this" feeling. The fries though, were not that great, and I think it may be because of the way they were cooked - fresh potatoes soaked in water and cut right before frying. I think the soaking may have given the fries a bit of a stale, water-logged taste and texture. Really wasn't great. We had 5 days in LA, though one of which was spent at Disneyland in Anaheim. For those who've never visited, I would suggest a shorter stay than what we had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment