Saturday 28 March 2020

#212 | STAYCATION AT THE SHANGRI-LA SYDNEY


SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

For my 30th birthday, I had wanted a quiet one with my one and only, and that was exactly how we celebrated. He said he wanted to throw a party with all my friends and family, but pulled the emergency stop button after I said I'd rather we keep it low key. So instead, he organised a surprise staycation for the two of us at the Shangri-La hotel. He arrived before me to get in a quick workout at the gym and also to set up my little gift table - 2 cakes from Passiontree Velvet, lots of Mr Kipling cakes (yum! haha), all on top of a new MacBook! I didn't even realise there was something underneath all the cakes until he pointed it out. Champagne arrived at the room not long after I settled in, and after a quick refresh, we made our way to Mjolner for dinner. We ended our stay with a feast at the breakfast buffet the next morning, before then making our way back home. It was a short but wonderful staycation. The weekend was really just centred around relaxing, and killing time before for our next meal haha. My perfect kind of weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment